Friday 19 December 2014

The One Thing You Can't Be Without This Year

Among all the usual seasonal activities ; nearly forgetting to order the turkey , buying enough gift wrap to wallpaper St Peter's , buying yet more foil , lightbulbs and batteries , writing cards to relatives so distant that I can't remember what their children are called , hunting for globe artichokes that are smaller than footballs ... there now seems to be another  :



crocheting a Santa's beard for yourself or for a loved one ... preferably out of non-itchy wool .
( Sorry for the graininess of the photo . Our local free paper seems to be having an economy drive and is saving on ink )

4 comments:

materfamilias said...

Ha! or should I say, Ho, ho ho! ;-)

Liz Hinds said...

I think that would be ideal, so much easier to keep in close contact with your skin than holding a scarf in place.

Can I place my order now?

Fran Hill said...

I'm glad I didn't see this post before Christmas. I had enough to do, without knitting beards.

Scriptor Senex said...

I love that Santa beard!