Sunday 31 January 2016

How To Survive February

What have I been doing this week? I'm implementing my new winter plan .

Instead of tramping through rain , hail and a different-named storm on odd days of the week  and trying to stock up on groceries , library books and dry washing on even days of the week , I'm planning to stay indoors altogether till the end of February . In fact  , it's dawned on me that I could perhaps replace most activity altogether by simply choosing the right jigsaw puzzles .

Instead of  sewing , knitting , reading anything apart from the paper or exchanging anything but the bare essential greetings with anyone , I've spent the last three days doing this


 A Charles Wysocki puzzle , "Maggie , The Messmaker " .

But now it's completed  and I'm determined to get the next one in the collection , "Ethel ,  The Gourmet "
 
 
I can live on cottage cheese till it's finished ... and there's always the chip shop round the corner ...



And after that the puzzle shop in town must have dozens of gardening and flower arranging  puzzles ... probably even a Mary Berry one .

The only thing that might draw me out in a few weeks time would be if these enterprising people get enough crowd-funding for their cafe . It would be difficult to resist a good cup of coffee and a friendly resident purr . In fact it could only be better if they opened one downstairs ...

7 comments:

colleen said...

At least it must be better for your brain than re-runs of Location, Location which I found myself considering recently during a very wet spell. The jigsaws, not the cat cafe that is.

materfamilias said...

I prefer to help contribute the occasional well-placed puzzle piece to someone else's project than to commit to one of my own, but I can definitely see the appeal in a dreary February (which I'll surely be returning to myself at the end of this week).
Someone in Vancouver was trying to get a Cat Cafe going a while ago -- I'll have to check, now, to see if they ever managed to get the funds together and the red tape cut...

love those cupcakes said...

Sounds a good plan. I do like a cat cafe, though, especially one that thoughtfully provides clothes brushes by the exit door.

Lucille said...

Why have they named the storms? I don't like it. It's weather, not a personal vendetta. Anyway Storm Henry is tonight's enemy.
I think you have the right idea with staying in. i tried going out today and it was a lost cause.

Around My Kitchen Table said...

Sounds like a great life! Forget staying indoors, how about staying under the duvet!

Pam said...

Hmm, I wouldn't do jigsaws. My favoured method of wasting lots of time is cryptic crosswords. One day I hope to get good at them. Possibly about 2030.

Liz Hinds said...

Perfect! What wonderful jigsaws. I love the intricate ones with lots of details. Can't be doing with a load of sky. And you have a puzzle shop?!