Wednesday 14 March 2018

The Goat On The Golden Egg...





Yesterday I spent the afternoon in a little country town about an hour from here called Ommen. I wandered around the market


chatted with a few people ( everyone talks to you in Ommen ), had a coffee and sandwich ( hearty eaters in Ommen ) and  admired the murals in little side streets but didn't see a single tin soldier.

Having seen the poster for a new exhibition at the Nationaal Tinnen Figuren Museum,



 
I'd missed the bit on their website that said it was only open at weekends in March ; the museum opened full-time in April.
So I'll have to go back to admire the howdah ... and I will. Besides I must find out why there's a very long horse near the goat on a golden egg near the museum that wasn't open yesterday  .......



And a post-script ....

         Just in case you're looking for a companion ....our local paper has a weekly column highlighting one of the animals in the nearby refuge that needs rehousing. This week it's Ethan, a very little cockerel with an extremely loud voice.


"Not recommended if you've got neighbours, but he's friendly and would love to come and live with you if you've got some space and a couple of hens."  Wonder if anyone's adopted him yet ........ ?

7 comments:

Joanne Noragon said...

That elongated horse is a mystery. I wonder who, where, why, what.

Liz Hinds said...

Oh that little goat looks so sad! But what a fascinating looking place Ommen is.

Lucille said...

I think I'll stick with Tall Cat.

Kathy's Klothesline said...

The rooster is a fine specimen. I have been thinking about having chickens here, but a rooster might be too vocal for all the campers! I would like the hens for eggs and keeping the bugs out of my garden.

Jenny Woolf said...

Never heard about rehoming a cockerel before - but I hope he finds somewhere, he looks so bright and brave!

gz said...

I loved what I've seen of Dutch towns and villages..and like anywhere I was drawn to the older parts

Diane Stringam Tolley said...

Sometimes the mystery is more intriguing than the reality. Long horse? In my neck of the woods, long horse=many riders.
Now the goat on the egg. The Goat that Laid the Golden Egg? Maybe not. I will say that a goat on an egg is more interesting than a chicken on the woodpile.
Just because . . .