Friday 31 August 2018

Academia



A small girl came to Keep Fit yesterday with her grandmother and was telling me all about school.

She said  she's going to go into class Four she thinks but it might be class Ten but she's not going to learn to read because her brother already can so it would be a waste of time for her to learn too but she can skip with a rope already and there's a spider in her kitchen and did I want a go on the trampoline but I might break my leg because I'm a granny and ……

 I do hope she enjoys Year One.

6 comments:

Joanne Noragon said...

I think she will consume Year One. More Power to Her!

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Clearly she's enthusiastic about everything but reading, LOL.

love those cupcakes said...

She'll romp year one. Her words remind me of a little boy who, after his first day at school, declared, 'Well, I'm not going back there. I know nearly everything.'

molly said...


I somehow don't think the lack of reading is going to hold her back! Isn't it lovely how friendly and chatty and concerned about others she is? May she never lose it, even if she does learn to read along the way....

Liz Hinds said...

I think she will. Though her teacher may find her a challenge!

SmitoniusAndSonata said...

The teacher hands them back at 3 o'clock!