Thursday 2 February 2012

It's Not Raining !


Sonata :

After moaning about the endless dim and dismal weather , it seems a little ungrateful to complain , now the sky is a glorious blue . So I won't .... but it was -5 degrees Celcius at noon today , the snowdrops had all keeled over with the cold and the wind chill was such that , once out of the house , my top lip went numb after 5 minutes and I briefly regretted not having a moustache . And it's forecast to get colder and colder over the weekend .

I don't mind , though . I've dug out a suitable 1000 piece jigsaw puzzle ( Smitonius' suggestion , since I still can't sew ) and it's mesmerising me .





The book I ordered at the exhibition on The Golden Temple of Amritsar last summer finally arrived this week and has proved to be well worth the wait . Beautifully produced , it's full of wonderful photos and water colours from the early 1900s . And may have prompted my impulse buy at the Health shop .




Given that I've still got 6 DVDs to watch once I've finished the first two series of Downton Abbey , I might not come up for air till Monday .

8 comments:

molly said...

Downtown Abbey.....oooh! Can I come over and share the couch until Monday? I missed the first series so have some serious catching up to do!

SmitoniusAndSonata said...

In fact , it was minus 8 when I went to bed and it snowed ..... and it's still snowing . Luckily there's still another couple of puzzles in that Bumper box !

Carolina said...

No, it's not raining. And it's not as cold as it was. And snow looks pretty ;-)
I hope you still have some of that hearty soup left in case you get snowed in ;-) I heard there was a weather alarm for Friesland. There's already a 5cm layer of the fluffy stuff here and it is still snowing. *sigh* I'm off sweeping snow again. I'd rather do a jigsaw.

Rattling On said...

Yes, -6 here at the moment, but a beautiful day. Enjoy the jigsaw...

Friko said...

It's Monday, have you come up? It's been a bit dampish here, you might as well get back to the fire and your puzzle.

SmitoniusAndSonata said...

The only puzzle at the moment is how to open the back door . It's minus 7 and getting colder ... and I can't wrench it open one-handed .
Luckily there's nothing out there I need .

Fran Hill said...

Are you QUITE sure about regretting not having a moustache ... I think I could have icicles hanging off my lip and still prefer that ...

Liz Hinds said...

Glad to hear you haven't grown a moustache!

I love jigsaws but am very particular and don't like ones with lots of sky or boring bits but the ones crammed with fascinating details.

Your visit to the market sounds wonderful. You always manage to make me feel hungry.

No new baby yet ...