Thursday 20 October 2016

Transported ... To The Wrong Film Entirely

Temporarily bike-less and carrying a far too heavy ruck-sack , there I am , wandering down the street , humming the Dr. Who music and wishing I hadn't taken quite so many books out of the library  , since I can only read them one at a time anyway , when something caught my eye .



A new plaque on the corner ... and there I was face to face with an Oscar winner , Richard Hageman , who got it for the music for  "Stagecoach"  .

Altogether carried away by this unexpected  brush with fame on a wet Thursday afternoon  , I swapped my Tardis for a dash through the Badlands .


And only realised when I got home that , actually , I was humming Annie Oakley's " Whip , Crack Away "  instead . Did John Wayne and Doris Day ever share a screen ?

4 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

It's a SIGN! Both literally and figuratively, I suppose.

lovethosecupcakes said...

Deadwood Stage. Stagecoach. Near enough.

Liz Hinds said...

They must have done even if it were never captured on celluloid. I want to watch Rio Bravo again. It always used to be Sunday afternoon westerns or musicals when I was a little girl.

rachel said...

Even in childhood, I couldn't abide Doris Day. Now, at Seniors' Lunch, I had to plead not to have her CDs played! Instead, we listen to Sixties compilations; everyone seems to enjoy those!