Monday 6 November 2017

Bits and Pieces



Aldi have always sold roasted almonds . I was just rather surprised last week to find that the ones they now stock are adorable . It says so on the packet .

I'm temporarily immortal , having just had the 'flu vaccination .Can't help feeling that if I'm going to do anything remotely risky , this might be the moment .

Though when we tried some Tai Chi this week at the gym , it was swiftly demonstrated that I'm not going to be part of any band of Superior Pensioners weaving graceful patterns in the local park's dawn light . Not having any coordination at all , I kept on getting teetery and tied in knots . All attempts to remain serious , graceful and balanced reduced me to giggling hiccups , so I had to retire to the treadmill instead .  There's something very sobering about the treadmill ...
The Class Swot persevered and , taking to it like a duck to water , asked for more next week . Meanwhile I seemed  to be rediscovering my teenage silly-arse self .

The sun shone for an hour this afternoon and I took the chance to have a coffee on the balcony . Sudden commotion as two little boys cycled past , bells ringing and bellowing "Alarm !", "Alarm! " . Had I not just poured out the coffee , I might have joined them ... it looked much more fun than dusting . 

 
Is everybody else's deep freeze full of pumpkin soup too ?

7 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Those almonds DO look pretty adorable alright! And enjoy all that pumpkin soup!

Joanne Noragon said...

I thought 'swot' a word I'd seen in English novels. A stuck up, prissy sort of kill joy. What a disappointment.

Jenny Woolf said...

I love the word "swot" (Joanne, it is the kind of goody two shoes who likes to do all the lessons really well, even if nobody else wants to.)

I made pumpkin soup once but nobody liked it.

Jenn Jilks said...

I just couldn't face doing this, but I should. Good inspiration.

molly said...


I just can't work up enthusiasm for anything pumpkin apart from pumpkin bread! But I do love your pumpkin display...You should persevere at tai chi. I also was a tangle of uncoordinated limbs when I first tried it, but after you repeat the moves often enough you'll be graceful as a swan. Not to mention how good it is for you on so many levels.
I'm so happy you're enjoying your second childhood! Being serious and sober-sided all the time is over-rated...

Liz Hinds said...

I almost asked if I could try mountain boarding yesterday - but then thought: I could break my hip. I do not like that aspect of getting old.

Arkansas Patti said...

Thanks for stopping by and commenting. I have been curious about Tai Chi--now you have me wondering. Still may try it.