Friday 23 October 2009

Bubbly on a beach

Smitonius:

On academic sabbatical this year, and one of the perks is not being tied to the schedule of meetings and classes, which means that I can accompany my partner to Northumberland for a week. Both of us are working during the day, one sorting out someone elses archives, and another catching up on reading (my challenge this week: to read a novel relevant to my research which is in Catalan, a Romance language I am not familiar with but can, with the aid of a dictionary, interpret adequately... have completed 200 pages out of 399!).

The evenings, though, are our own, and last night we dashed with a friend down to the beach at Beadnell. It was a rare evening without rain, though the sea was rough:


We toasted the three brave Guillemots that bobbed unperturbed on the crashing waves with a glass of bubbly wine.
Hope to snap a shot of a castle or two tomorrow on our return home!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds lovely!

rachel said...

Aren't Northumberland's beaches wonderful? And so often you can have them all to yourselves. Enjoy the rest of your week, despite the weather....

Tania said...

I can't help but think with that wild and woolly weather I would be reaching for the wimpy hot chocolate thermos option...

Unknown said...

how lovely and civilised!