Friday 30 October 2009

Ghostly goings on...

Smitonius:

In Bamburgh (northumberland), the church is the resting place for Grace Darling, a local heroine. But what really caught my eye was a stained glass window which illustrates a virtuous woman. Now I know my price is not far above the proverbial rubies, but, for crafty reasons, I rather liked this particular stained glass window panel:


It was far too rainy to take decent photos of Northumbrian castles, and we took refuge in a pub for a gastro lunch. There was a van parked outside with the following ghostly transfers on the doors.... erm, now we know already which of the two ghosts I might be! But I rather like the moto: 'reality is an illusion created by a lack of alcohol'.

3 comments:

Tania said...

There have been some sick cousins, so when I first read the bit about the 'gastro lunch' I did an alarmed re-read. Thank goodness for Northumbrian pubs on a rainy day.

GUGAW said...

pretty window...would love to integrate a massive stained glass window into my house!

Marcheline said...

Thank you so much for sharing that window - it's truly inspirational, and very validating for those of us who literally take up wool and work with our hands!