Tuesday 29 December 2009

Kaleidescopes

Sonata :

I've always loved kaleidescopes . Even tiny ones are entrancing , though difficult to photograph !



This is maybe why making miniature quilts is so appealing . The geometric shapes and colour combinations and the unpredictability of a One Patch is a constant surprise .
It's very relaxing and definitely addictive . For those of you who don't quilt , there is a game on zefrank.com , where you can have hours of fun building an endless series of kaleidescopic images on screen , though vertigo might ensue .



This little quilt is now going up on Etsy . I't's taken a while to finish , this month's been rather busy . But I've enjoyed making it enormously . Each of the 400 hexagons changing the end result .


And yes , one of my New Year resolutions is to learn how to link properly !

11 comments:

Von said...

Lovely one!

Anonymous said...

Oh, how I LOVE your little quilts!! Let me count the ways...

♥♥♥

rachel said...

How little is that little quilt? It's so pretty. And I too love kaleidoscopes.

Rattling On said...

That is really lovely. All the colours complement each other so well.

lisette said...

gorgeous hexagons - they just sparkle

thank you for your comment on my blog - blogger wouldn't let me reply but i wanted to say thanks :)

SmitoniusAndSonata said...

Rachel ... This quilt was 7" x 8"
It's perfect to work on when I'm watching television or doing a crossword . Anything bigger and I'd have to be Organised and put stuff away afterwards . So not me !

Anonymous said...

Lovely little quilt, like a little flower garden! Hope you've thawed out by now! Happy new year!

Tattieweasle said...

It's exquisite! I have no patience with sewing but do so admire people who do and can.. a bit like musicians I find. Happy New year!

laurie said...

linking is easy. quilting is hard. that's gorgeous.

GUGAW said...

kaleidescopes are beautiful! i feel inspired to try and photograph one now!

mountainear said...

It is tiny and so exquisite. I can't imagine working on such a small scale.