Tuesday 24 March 2015

Things I Haven't Done This Week


Well , obviously I can't list everything I've neglected to do this week ... we'd be here all night . But , leaving aside my failure to dust the top of the wardrobe or take enough exercise , there have been a couple of omissions that I do regret .

In common with nearly everyone south of Inverness , for instance , I didn't see the eclipse . The cloud cover was complete ... it just got a bit gloomier mid-morning . The ducks , much too busy eyeing each other up to care ,  ignored the hype and quacked raucously through the whole thing . It's a bit like Grease here , at the moment ...
Meanwhile , it was the Provincial elections on Wednesday and while , as a foreigner , I didn't have a vote , like every resident , foreign or home-grown , I was allowed to vote for those responsible for water management . Considering how important the dykes and land drainage are to Holland , it's astonishing that we're all allowed to have any say in the matter at all . It was a pity though that I had to cast my vote in the old dears'  home round the corner and couldn't cast my vote in this rather cool  'vote-boat'  . It went round a  constituency in the south , whose inhabitants are too scattered to reach the election stations by road.



 And what I definitely didn't do this week was go to the local Intratuin garden centre with my kitchen garden-ette . These children did , having taken up its offer of free advice and the chance to repot their burgeoning Moestuin  veg. crops



Given that mine , having been planted a little late , are barely visible yet , I felt the comparison might  crush my Lamb's Lettuce's self esteem altogether, not to mention mine . 






About the only thing I did achieve all week was learn a new way to describe my unKondoed clutter . A young , highly popular interior decorator , interviewed in the paper this weekend , described his collection of robots as 'a cluster' , which does sound quite contained and attractive ... almost gives me a spark of joy .
Perhaps , I could cluster my 'clusters' ...

9 comments:

colleen said...

I made the mistake of re-signing up to Pinterest this week and they seem to think that I am interested in pins of "collections." Though now I come to think of it, I was rather taken by the display of scarves at the Barbican "Collections" exhibition. Some of the other stuff would have driven me crazy though. Kondoed or not, there is a limit.

Friko said...

I have read a lot of books. Does that count as an achievement? I’ve also garened and been out for gentle walks. I think I’ve done very well.

I can’t vote here in the UK. They won’t let me except for European Parliament elections.

I take it you have kept your nationality too? I could now have both I think, but why bother at this late stage.

rachel said...

I've looked at the clutter (clusters?) and dust that lie everywhere in this house, and had a little rant about the state of the place. And the state of my clothes storage! When I said "I must order my drawers" The Gardener laughed most immoderately, rude man.

But I must.

Liz Hinds said...

I have several clusters. In fact i am almost overwhelmed by clusters ...

Not cleaned the top of your wardrobe? Are you supposed to clean the top of your wardrobe? Something else no-one told me about.

Jay, Sparking Synapse said...

I popped over here from Liz of Finding Life Hard and I'm glad I did. Yes, it was your witty comment that brought me! I do like your sense of humour.

I too have weeks (well, most of them, if truth be told) where I fail to do things, in fact, it's a red-letter ... um .. week .. when I do something of note!

Pam said...

What I didn't do today was be in the house when my friend Morag came for a prearranged visit! Argh! She phoned and I rushed home but I felt terrible to have forgotten her.

love those cupcakes said...

I didn't wash the car, clear out the bathroom cupboard or take yet another pile of books to the charity shop. And I definitely didn't drop and break a precious little penguin statue and hide the bits. No, it wasn't me. Maybe the dog did it.

Marcheline said...

Oh, Lordy - the things I haven't done.... YET! In the throes of a DIY bedroom makeover just now, but you know what? The nicer the bedroom looks, the more awful the rest of the house seems in comparison! I can see how this becomes an illness...

P.S. What's the Verboten Verhawking or whatever that is on the sign? It looks as though it says "archeologists beware"... of what, I wonder?

Annie Cholewa said...

'How to cluster your clusters' ... start writing the book now, I predict it will be the next big thing. I know I'd buy a copy.

I didn't do a lot of things I probably should have done this week, and I probably won't do them next week either.