Thursday 16 April 2009

Easter In Amsterdam 2009

Sonata:



The sun shone , no one shrieked , not even me .... and we all laughed a lot . We walked and walked , saw lots of different corners of Amsterdam and Haarlem



(my new toy , Picasa 3 , in evidence again )

We ate well , sat in cafes and did a lot of window-shopping , from Kitsch



to Glamour

and had a marvellous time !!

Smitonius:

We camped at Zeeburg, which is about 15 minutes away from the centre of Amsterdam - and I think we were the smallest campervan there!



As we walked around, we admired window displays both old and new: not only are there some beautiful antique and vintage shops, there are some crafty handmade delights to be found as well - look at these cute felt houses!



Also admired many ceramic tiles in Amsterdam doorways and inside Haarlem's Catholic Basilica:



Of course, Amsterdam does not look like Amsterdam without canals (and cafes on canals)



or tulips, now does it?



In my next posts, I will show you my collection of snapshots of Dutch cats - it was so sunny they had all come out to sunbathe next to their owners' very smartly decorated windowsills... I don't know who has more impecable taste, the Dutch cat or its human!

3 comments:

Tania said...

It certainly sounds as though your Easter was infinitely preferable to mine (thanks for your words of wisdom - kid doing well, parents still traumatised!).

That campervan thing is obviously working well. Hopefully there aren't too many freezing nights at the moment. I suspect you could get TWO posts on Dutch cats and then Dutch windowsills!

Redwoodhouse said...

Looks like a lovely time was had by all to me, I am yet to visit Amsterdam but will make it there one day that is for sure.
I love the camper van we are thinking about getting one but I want a loo and shower other than that I don't mindwhat it is like, getting fussy in my old age....
Jan

GUGAW said...

ooh nice kitsch window display!